Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Get to know Mrs. H

Hello! My name is Mindy Hillegass. Welcome to my professional portfolio blog! Take your time getting to know me as an educator and feel free to contact me with any questions that you have! Click on the labels to the left if you are looking for something in particular.



I have been working in education for the last eight years and currently teach in a local school district in western Pennsylvania. Two years ago, I  married the love of my life. There is just one problem. Because of my husband's job, I currently live an hour away from my school. If you know anything about the weather in western Pennsylvania, you know the issues that I incur with each commute. Therefore, I am seeking an elementary (K-6) teaching position closer to my home.

My goal as an educator is to provide my students with life skills that will help them succeed inside and outside of school. Everyday I work hard to make sure my students are becoming proficient in the following categories:

  • Inquiry based science
  • Literacy skills, including speaking, listening, and communicating
  • Proficiency in technology
I am anxious to tell you more about my qualifications and why I want to be part of your school district!


No comments:

Post a Comment